Terms & Conditions
JPF First Aid provides workplace courses certified by Nuco Training Ltd, in line with standards set by the awarding body First Aid Awards Ltd and regulated by Ofqual. Other courses include bespoke courses for school students and to the general public.
Training Provider – JPF First Aid
1.1 – If a delegate is absent for the course or must leave the course for a significant period where important information is missed and unable to catch up, a further charge may be incurred should the delegate wish to complete the course at a later date. This would be discussed with a sympathetic approach and negotiated.
2.1 – Should there be any reason for a course booking to be amended, JPF First Aid will support as much as possible in the rebooking of courses on an alternative date. Delegates and businesses are requested to have a few date options available should their first option be fully booked.
3.1 – The standard payment term is that full payment is required at the time of booking the course unless otherwise stated or agreed with JPF First Aid. Where this is not processed at the time of booking via credit or debit card transaction, payment is required within 2 weeks from the date of invoice.
3.2 – If a credit term has been agreed for account customers with JPF First Aid, the standard credit terms apply, and these are within 30 days from the date of invoice or prior to the course whichever is sooner.
3.3 – Payment is to be made prior to the course delivery dates, due to the costs incurred in preparation for the course of which includes obtaining training books, training packs where relevant as well as PPE to meet the current Covid-19 guidelines/restrictions in line with Government as well as Awarding Body requirements. This ensures that delegates use individual contact points during the course duration and certificates can be requested immediately upon successful completion and avoids any delays in receiving these documents for your organisation.
3.4 – Where invoices have not been paid by the due date (usually considered after 30 days from the date of the invoice), JPF First Aid reserves the right to charge late payment fees as well as other charges where this may be relevant in line with UK laws.
3.5 – Late payment fees, when necessary, will be charged and applied at the rate of 1.5% interest per month. JPF First Aid will continue however to work with their customers in the hope that these charges are not necessary. It is requested for customers to please cooperate with JPF First Aid in paying their invoices on time, given the cost-effective prices that are already applied to customers invoices for the agreed courses/qualifications to be delivered. Should customers encounter any difficulties in relation to this area, then please don’t hesitate to discuss the circumstances with JPF First Aid who will be happy to assist where this is possible.
3.6 – Refunds for cancellations can be negotiated if the booking is cancelled more than 5 days prior to the course taking place. The option of re-booking on to an alternative course will also be offered. The only exception being that for group bookings, an alternative date could be offered at the suitability of both the customer and JPF First Aid being available to carry out the training. This of course will be discussed with the customer as to the available options.
3.7 – Where a booking has not been cancelled within the timeframe as stated below, JPF First Aid reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee to cover administration and set up of the courses. Please see the cancellation fees below along with other terms stated:
- If the course booking is cancelled more than 5 days prior – no cancellation fee.
- If the course booking is cancelled within the 5 days – 25% cancellation fee.
- If the course booking is cancelled on the day – 50% cancellation fee.
- Where a booking has been agreed and payment has not been made in line with the invoice terms as stated above and the customer then wishes to cancel, JPF First Aid reserves the right to charge a fee to cover the administration and set up fees. This fee will also cover spaces being reserved for a course that will then not be utilised by the customer including the timeframe period that the spaces have been reserved for, from the original booking date made and agreed to.
- Where a booking has been agreed and payment has not been made in line with the invoice terms as stated above and the customer then wishes to amend their booking, payment will need to be made before any amendments can be considered by JPF First Aid. Following receipt of the payment, alternative options can then be looked into to support the customer.
3.8 – Where a booking is made from an educational setting that utilises a City Council for the management of their payment processes, a deposit of 50% is required at the time of booking to act as the booking fee. The remaining balance of 50% to be paid in line with the financial procedures that may be advised by the council to such settings, however payment must be received no later than 3 weeks following the completion of the course.
3.9a – This deposit/booking fee as detailed in 3.8, will be required where the educational setting is unable to make the full payment at the time of booking the training course.
3.9b – The deposit/booking fee as detailed in 3.8, will be utilised towards gaining the required materials in preparation for the training courses as detailed in 3.3 under the payment section.
4.1 – Certificates should normally be received within 14 days, providing full payment has been received and the delegate has successfully completed the course.
5. Refresher Course Requirements
5.1 – Delegates who wish to attend a 2-day re-qualification course, must be able to present a valid, in date certificate (FAW) and issued by an approved provider.
6. Services Provided – Supplier to Customer Agreement – Trainer Delivery
6.1 – Where it has been agreed for services to be provided by the way of Supplier to Customer contract, of which includes for the avoidance of doubt the term ‘freelance trainer’; JPF First Aid reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee, where the Customer then wishes to cancel any course delivery dates that have been booked and agreed to take place. It is appreciated that reasons for cancellation are sometimes considered outside the Customers control and charges will usually not be applied in such circumstances.
6.2 – Where necessary and the reasons being considered as within the Customers control, this fee will be charged at 25% of the total invoice cost and will support compensation as a result of the cancellation of such courses by the Customer, of which includes where relevant being unable to offer these dates to other customers, due to the trainer/assessor being allocated to the Customer in question in line with the agreement and schedule. This includes any communication and agreement of dates at the request of the Customer such as email correspondence, where the trainer/assessor has been agreed and booked to deliver training courses on behalf of the Customer.
7. Data Protection
7.1 – Your data is protected under the terms of (GDPR) General Data Protection Regulation 2018. Business information and any personal details where these are provided, will be retained by JPF First Aid, in order to administer the booking process, training needs and certification. Where this is detailed, some information is shared with Nuco Training Ltd, the current provider of the HSE qualifications. JPF First Aid is registered with ICO.
8. Force Majeure
8.1 – JPF First Aid’s responsibility and financial liability shall be limited to the refund of monies received, in the event of a booking in good faith not being available, if it is due to any event beyond reasonable control of the training provider. This includes, without limitation, malicious damage, failure of a utility service, acts of God, war, industrial disputes, protests, fire, flood, storm, tempest, explosion, an act of terrorism and national emergencies.
9. Delegate Requirements on all Workplace and Public Courses
- Delegates are advised to wear appropriate and comfortable clothing for practical activities such as kneeling over casualties and acting as the casualty during courses (first aid courses only).
- Delegates should arrive at least 15 minutes before the course starts.
- If any delegates arrive late for a workplace course, JPF First Aid reserve the right to refuse them for training where too much important information has been missed and the trainer is not able to go through this information to support the delegate. This will be discussed sympathetically with the delegate as to the actions that can be taken.
- If any delegates arrive late for a Public community course, as this is a non-regulated course and a certificate of attendance is provided upon completion, the delegate can join at the point of where the course has reached. The delegate may however wish to rebook on to another course where it will be at the discretion of JPF First Aid as to whether a further charge may be incurred.
- Should any delegate be absent on the day of training, or at any point during the course please see ‘absence section’ of the terms and conditions.
- It is expected that delegates attending Workplace and Public courses behave appropriately including language spoken where all members attending including the trainer are respected. Where delegates don’t follow this as requested by the trainer and after the third request, they may be removed from the course, with the trainer contacting the company concerned (on workplace courses) and being informed of the events that have occurred. In either case Workplace or Public it will be at the discretion of JPF First Aid as to whether the delegate will be allowed to join a future course.
10. Student Courses
10.1 – The trainer reserves the right to halt, postpone or even cancel the session if:
- Behaviour by the students is persistently disruptive and there is little or no intervention by school staff.
- There is damage caused to equipment through deliberate misuse.
- There is any form of abuse towards the trainer and/or the safety of the trainer or students within the training room becomes compromised.
- No member of staff from the educational setting is present at all times.
- JPF First Aid and Onsite Customer Commitment
11.1 – The trainer will arrive in plenty of time to prepare the learning environment before the session is due to commence and will discuss this prior to the day. Please support the trainer in allowing this to happen as this could delay the start to the session.
11.2 – Sessions will be for the designated time frame and will be of a high standard of delivery on all courses.
11.3 – Internal quality processes ensure that the trainer is observed at least once a year to meet the high standard level of delivery by the training provider JPF First Aid.
11.4 – All courses follow the set criteria outlined where applicable as part of the qualification standards. First Aid courses and other courses where applicable will meet and be compliant with the HSE, Resuscitation Council (UK) and the awarding body.
11.5 – Student courses at educational settings will aim to meet the Department of Education guidelines to support these settings towards the PSHE curriculum.
- JPF First Aid Complaints Process
12.1 – Should any area for whatever reason fall short of the expectation of the customer/delegate, the complaints process can be found on the website at www.jpffirstaid.co.uk or you can request this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.